The Labour General Election Manifesto in 2017 was bold, radical and transformative and our members want to influence the next Manifesto so that it is just as powerful. We held a Policy Forum in June to generate ideas to submit to Labour’s National Policy Forum around the policy areas of climate change, local economic development and democratic public ownership, through a series of open discussions and workshops led by:
- Jeremy Corbyn MP: Member of Parliament for Islington North & Leader of the Labour Party
- Cllr Richard Watt: Leader of Islington Council
- Cllr Asima Shaikh: Islington Council Executive Member for Inclusive Economy and Jobs
- Cllr Sakina Sheikh: Lewisham Council, Labour Energy Forum
- Sam Mason: Policy Officer Public & Commercial Services Union
- Cat Hobbs: Founder & Director, We Own It
- Asad Rehman: Executive Director, War On Want
100 Party Members attended the event and this submission document has been produced with policy ideas and initiatives for discussion at the Party Conference in September 2019 for potential inclusion in the next Labour Party Manifesto.
You can find the policy proposals here.
By John Wyman-White, July 5th 2019