Islington Council developed Vision 2030 as a roadmap for creating a zero carbon Islington by 2030. This October, the council will run the Islington Greener Together Festival, the first major event to engage with and galvanise those who live and work in Islington to take action in support of this goal. The festival aims to:
- Raise awareness of the climate emergency
- Give our communities the opportunity to shape the ways in which we will become a net zero carbon borough
- Ensure everyone in Islington’s communities has a voice in this process, particularly those who are disproportionately impacted by climate change and have previously been underrepresented in this space to encourage community-led, community-owned action
The council will be organising and running a series of its own events but we want to enable communities to run events alongside these on climate change issues that matter to them. We hope that by working together, we can influence those around us to make positive change to protect our planet. The more organisations taking part, the greater the chances of a successful festival!
In order to make this a success, we need YOU!
We want you to submit your ideas for festival events that you and those in your community can put on and run together. Here’s what we need:
- Complete the form below with details of the event you would like to put on
- If you are able to arrange your own venue free of charge, please do so. If you need support with a venue for your event, please let us know where you would like to hold it. Physical events must be held in Islington but we will welcome online event suggestions too.
- We can help with some costs for your event such as venue or light refreshments. Please itemise any other potential costs and we will consider funding.
You will find a template for submitting your event ideas below but before you complete it, please consider the following points:
- What audience are you aiming to engage? Residents, businesses, charitable organisations?
- What outcomes do you want to see as a result of the event, bearing in mind the aims of the festival?
- Would your event be in person or online?
- How can your event be interactive?
- Is your event designed to engage with a broad range of our diverse community?
Once we receive all event submissions, we will review and confirm whether or not we are able to support your event.
Please submit your event ideas by returning the completed form to GreenerTogether@islington.gov.uk