Thursday 30th September, 7-9pm
INCLP online Political Education Event with speakers, presentations and breakout group discussions on:
The Afghan Refugee Crisis in our Hostile Environment: THE CHALLENGE FOR LABOUR
- What are principles behind Britain’s current immigration and asylum policy?
- How did it develop and what are its current goals and impacts on people’s lives?
- How can we advance the rights and dignity of all migrants and refugees to Britain?
- How can we start to turn a hostile environment into a welcoming environment?
- What part can Labour Party members and people in our communities play?
- What demands can we make of the government – and on the opposition – right now on these issues?
Guest speakers, presenters and workshop leaders:
Aliya Yule from the campaigning body Migrants Organise
Sonia Routledge and Alasdair Mackenzie (immigration lawyers)
Refugee speaker (tbc)
Chair: David Rosenberg (Political Education Officer, INCLP)
Please come along and be part of the discussion – and part of the solution!
Open to all members of INCLP, and friends and guests of members
Sign up to come to this event – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-afghan-refugee-crisis-in-our-hostile-environment-tickets-178008166217