On Saturday 26th February, there will be a national day of action in support of the NHS. Please join us to stand up for our fantastic, publicly owned and run, health service. Details are below, and a national leaflet is attached.
Islington rises up in support of the NHS.
- We need £20bn emergency payment to the NHS now –
- to pay staff properly so we can recruit and retain enough of them to care for us
- a commitment to a publicly funded, publicly delivered and publicly accountable NHS
- NHS is a public service – remove private health care companies like Centene which prey on the NHS
What can you do
- Join us at one of our stalls 11.00 – 1.0 at Angel, Nags Head and Archway and 1230 onwards at Highbury and Islington Tube. If you can commit to signing up to one of these please contact email@example.com or WhatsApp 07903162175
- Watch out for our retired ambulance which will be touring round and stopping for the campaign crew to leaflet and talk to people
- Join us for a rally on Highbury Fields 2.00 – 3.30 – two wonderful choirs and speeches from NHS and social care staff and campaigners, and the leader of Islington Council. Speakers also include Leader of the Council Cllr Kaya Comer-Schwartz, Cllr Anjna Khurana and Jo Croft
- Send this information – including the social media memes to others in your address books
Islington Keep Our NHS Public
Islington Pensioners’ Forum